[PlanetCCRMA] Introduction & Help needed...

derek holzer derek@x-i.net
Wed Jan 14 03:58:00 2004

Honestly, before you donwload anything else, you should probably read
the friendly documentation that is on the site. It provides a
step-by-step to setting up a Digital Audio Workstation under Linux, and
this will be much better and less of a headache than trying to install
individual packages. Pay particular attention to the sections of setting
up the kernel and the Alsa drivers [which are what you need for your
soundcard.].

However, if all you are interested in are the drivers for the soundcard,
all you would need to do is follow the instructions for installing and
configuring ALSA on the CCRMA website.

Also, if you want to download CD images, take the PlanetCCRMA Core and
the Planet CCRMA apps. Then follow the directions for installing Apt and
use it [or its graphical frontend Synaptic] to choose the packages you
would like to install. You can also use Aptor Synaptic to get all the
updates, so the Updates CD is really the last thing you would want to
download.

good luck,
D.

--