[PlanetCCRMA] problem running ladcca 0.4.0 on RH9 + CCRMA

Alex Timmer mijn_troep@yahoo.com
Tue Jan 13 10:02:01 2004

 --- Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano <nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote: > >
> like jack:
> >

> > > and then start ladcaad with:

> > > Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> > > Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> > > Listening for connections
> >
> > This is what I'm seeing. Jack has been started as above.
> >
> > [rparkes@akira rparkes]$ ladccad -d ladcca
> > Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> > Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> > conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not
> supported
> > for ai_socktype
>
> I did some googling around and it looks like the error is linked
> somehow
> to lookup of service names in /etc/services. I can't imagine what
> could
> be wrong in your setup. You do have /etc/services, right?
>
> I guess this could be posted to the ladcca list...
> -- Fernando

okay, i followed the above example, and i get the same error message
that Rohan got (as before). i searched for leftovers, but i have never
tried so far to install jack and/or ladcaad other than with apt-get.

occurences only in /usr/bin /usr/lib/ /usr/share/ /usr/include/ and
seem perfectly normal.

Fernando, do you run the same 0.4.0 / 0.92 versions of ladcca / jack on
your RH9 machine?

i was already subscribed to the ladcca-devel list, so i'll move this
thread over there now it seems packaging unrelated.

thanks! CCRMA rocks.... and works most of the time ;-)
ALEX
p.s. i have an /etc/services file but grepping it for alsa, jack or
ladcca reveals nothing. i dont know what its supposed to do anyway :)