[PlanetCCRMA] problem running ladcca 0.4.0 on RH9 + CCRMA

Tue Jan 13 09:26:02 2004

> > and then start ladcaad with:
> >
> > > ladccad -d ladcca
> > Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> > Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> > Listening for connections
>
> This is what I'm seeing. Jack has been started as above.
>
> [rparkes@akira rparkes]$ ladccad -d ladcca
> Connected to JACK server with client name 'LADCCA_Server'
> Opened ALSA sequencer with client ID 128
> conn_mgr_start: could not look up service name: Servname not supported
> for ai_socktype

I did some googling around and it looks like the error is linked somehow
to lookup of service names in /etc/services. I can't imagine what could
be wrong in your setup. You do have /etc/services, right?

I guess this could be posted to the ladcca list...
-- Fernando