[PlanetCCRMA] a note for Fedora Core 1 users

Fri Jan 9 17:12:01 2004

Hi, something seems to be different in Fedora Core 1 with regards to how
rpm (and/or apt, I have a newer version of apt available for fc1 than
for the rest) treats "Obsoletes:" and "Conflicts:" tags. If you do a
"dist-ugprade" you will probably hit conflicts with the pd external name
changes I just made, for example rpm will say:

  pd-flext conflicts with flext and cannot be installed

or something to that effect, and the upgrade will fail.

[I have both Obsoletes and Conflicts tags in the new pd-flext package
that obsolete (and conflict) with the old flext package. In all previous
RedHat versions the effect is that flext is erased and pd-flext
installed in its place. For some reason that does not happen in FC1.]

For now you will have to erase the conflicts manually until I find a
workaround (ie: "rpm -e" the non "pd-" packages [*]).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
-- Fernando

[*] the whole manual sequence should be something like:
. try "apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade"
  write down conflicting packages that fail to install
. erase the planetccrma-audiovideoapps (or whatever you use) meta
  package and the conflicting packages
. apt-get install planetccrma-audiovideoapps to get everything back