[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [ardour-dev] A users perspective to Ardour usability

Sampo Savolainen v2@iki.fi
Mon Jan 5 10:14:02 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 16:58, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> 1) Context menus!!! (aka "right click menus").
> "Hmm, I've accidentally added in a tempo change marker.  No problem, I'll just
> delete it.  Surely right clicking it will show me a menu with a delete/cut
> action..."   For a while, I figured there must not be a way to delete it.
> But now I know all I have to do is hold... some key... while hitting... some
> mouse button.  Many other actions in the program that intuitively could be on
> a context menu require hard to remember key/mouse combos.

I agree! Shift / alt / ctrl + left / right / middle mouse clicks are
great. After you learn them. The best way to learn them is to see the
shortcuts where you use them. The best kind of context menu is the kind
which also states the shortcuts needed to perform the action.

Votes +++!

 Sampo