[PlanetCCRMA] Re: FC2: ccrma and ATrpms libxslt conflict issue

Brad Fuller brad@sonaural.com
Thu Dec 30 19:15:02 2004

--------------010206040202010708070406

Axel Thimm wrote:

>Hi,
>
>On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:25:50PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
>

>>I was trying to get my system in order (so that I could upgrade to the
>>new kernel) and when I "dist-upgrade" I get a conflict:
>>file /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0 from install of libxslt-1.1.12-2 conflicts
>>with file from package libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at
>>

>What ATrpms mirror are you using? libxslt been upgraded to 1.1.12 late
>October. The output above suggest that some repo is still offering
>libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at.
>
>Or that you haven't "apt-get update"d before dist-upgrading?

Yes, I did "apt-get update" for trying to dist-upgrade.
I'm not using an ATrpms mirror now.
In the recent past,  I had some problems with conflicts between packages
at ATrpms and with packages at ccrma (as I asked on this list.) I
believe Fernando mentioned it was a naming issue and helped me resolve
it (I'll look for the thread)  And, in my particular case I went to
planetedge for an FC2 kernel to run audio apps such as jack. Now, I want
to return to the "norm".

Should I resolve this by adding ATrpms to my sources.list? or?

>>How can I resolve this?  Have I messed up my system with adding ATrpms
>>repository? I've commented it out for this.

--------------010206040202010708070406

<head>
</head>
Axel Thimm wrote:
  <pre wrap="">Hi,

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 06:25:50PM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I was trying to get my system in order (so that I could upgrade to the
new kernel) and when I "dist-upgrade" I get a conflict:
file /usr/lib/libexslt.so.0 from install of libxslt-1.1.12-2 conflicts
with file from package libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
What ATrpms mirror are you using? libxslt been upgraded to 1.1.12 late
October. The output above suggest that some repo is still offering
libxslt1-1.1.11-0_6.rhfc2.at.

Or that you haven't "apt-get update"d before dist-upgrading?
  </pre>
Yes, I did "apt-get update" for trying to dist-upgrade.<br>
I'm not using an ATrpms mirror now.<br>
In the recent past,&nbsp; I had some problems with conflicts between
packages at ATrpms and with packages at ccrma (as I asked on this
list.) I believe Fernando mentioned it was a naming issue and helped me
resolve it (I'll look for the thread)&nbsp; And, in my particular case I
went to planetedge for an FC2 kernel to run audio apps such as jack.
Now, I want to return to the "norm".<br>
Should I resolve this by adding ATrpms to my sources.list? or?<br>
  <pre wrap="">
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">How can I resolve this?  Have I messed up my system with adding ATrpms