[PlanetCCRMA] udpated: fc2 kernel/jack, muse for fc1/rh9, new fc3 packages

Tue Dec 28 16:10:02 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 15:22, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 09:31, Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-12-29 at 07:51, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > > Latest news...
> > >
> > > New kernel released for Fedora Core 2, same version, release and
> > > features as the current Fedora Core 3 kernel (it is in the planetcore
> > > repository, not planetedge, and includes a full ALSA subsystem release,
> > > planetccrma-core packages and the rtload and rtirq startup scripts).
> >
> > hi fernando - are there kernel source packages available for this so i
> > can compile my nvidia video driver?

I don't that is necessary any more, the information needed to build
external drivers is supposedly included in the binary package.

> also, this kernel will not mount my usb bus - it says that the usb filesystem
> is not supported with this kernel ... is usb support not compiled in?

Yes, it is, but I think the only thing affected is the mount of
/proc/usb/, the kernel should see all the usb devices anyway. The name
of the internal filesystem for usb changed from usbdevfs to usbfs in
recent kernels. You should be able to manually (be careful!) edit
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit to change usbdevfs to usbfs. But that would not
work with the older kernels, of course. I could release an updated
initscripts package but that is such a core package I hesitate to do
that.

-- Fernando