[PlanetCCRMA] qjackctl start/stop hanging on restart.

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Thu Sep 25 07:53:01 2003

> Mark,
>

> > I'm not seeing any problems with qjackctl on my Gentoo system after a
> > little bit of testing. I was able to start and stop Jack 10 times
> > without quitting the app. This was not an in depth test, but things did
> > seem to work work for me.
> >

> Thanks for your report. I guess we can check Gentoo as immune to
> this too :)

In that case, since Gentoo actually supports something like 25 different
kernels right now, the complete answer was actually
'gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r7' with my specific kernel configuration on my
specific hardware is immune. ;-)

I am currently also looking at gaming-sources-2.4.20-r3 and
development-sources which is 2.6.0-test5. I have not looked at this problem
on either of those kernels. (Haven't brought up Alsa yet.)

- Mark