[PlanetCCRMA] New kernels & alsa drivers

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Wed Sep 24 10:43:01 2003

> I'm thinking about upgrading the planetccrma-core and alsa-*. My current
> configuration is working, but not perfect, and I would like to test if
> things got better with the new stuff in place. Especially usb and
> m-audio quattro stuff.
>
> The problem is that I need a working configuration. If I would do, an
> apt-get dist-upgrade, how could I revert back to the previous kernel &
> drivers? Does the dist-upgrade keep the older kernels installed on my
> machine, or do I have to "dist-downgrade", how do I do that?
>

>  Sampo

Do you have enough disk space to create a completely separate Planet
installation? New partitions, new install, totally separate? This is what
I've done when I want to be very safe. I use the existing grub to boot one
or the other.

- Mark