[PlanetCCRMA] directly burn mp3s

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 16:23:01 2003

Hey,

I meant to tag this on the end of my laptop post... but a lively spam
filled list is a fun list.  So... Can anyone point me to a SIMPLE app
for burning mp3s straight to audio cd?  Yes, I know xcdroast is on the
planet but well... no offense to anyone but that program sucks... I'm
looking for iTunes simplicity (I've cursed myself by owning a mac, osx
is beautiful).  And I'm fully aware of the rip-burn or
convert-mp3-to-wav-burn options but I want drag `n drop dammit... I've
installed the latest gnome from various locations on the net and one
site promises what I'm after... sadly I've no clue HOW to make it
work...

http://people.ecsc.co.uk/~matt/repository.html

"nautilus-cd-burner-ogg-and-mp3-burn.patch - This patch adds the
ability to burn mp3 and ogg files to audio cd's from nautilus' burn://
vfs"

Thanks and btw, gnome 2.4 aint all that hot IMHO so any of my ccrma
friends on the fence about upgrading... my advice... wait.

-ry

=====
--r--