[PlanetCCRMA] more newbie questions -many of them

Mon Sep 22 14:03:01 2003

> i'm having the most basic of digital audio problems, which is to say:
> clicks and pops. not in all playback programs but many, like
> spiralsynthmodular and amsynth etc.. obviously some vector size versus
> buffer size mismatch? where do i start.

Re: SpiralSynthModular, I think you have to manually set the sampling
rate and buffer size to match Jack's for it to work at all (if I
remember correctly). I don't have much experience with amsynth.

I take most Jack applications are fine (ie: no clicks)?

> i found a game port -> midi i/o cable but not sure how to config that
> for the VIA8233 input yet...

It should have been configured when alsaconf changed /etc/modules.conf.
What you do currently have in that file?

> last but not least, i seem to have problems with Muse, here is some
> terminal readout:
>
> [root@localhost jes]# muse
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
> authenti
> cation protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication
> failed

Looks like you are running muse as root, but you are logged into the
console (ie: the graphics login) as a normal user. It should not be
necessary to run muse as root (or any program as root, for that matter).
Looks like muse cannot connect to the X server.

> no locale <muse_en_US.UTF-8>/</usr/share/muse/locale>
> JACK: sample rate changed: 44100
> NO Config File </root/.MusE>

First time you are running it?

> cca_open_socket: error connecting to destination 'localhost:14541':
> Connection refused
> cca_comm_connect_to_server: could not create server connection
> cca_init: could not connect to server 'localhost:14541' - disabling ladcca

Normal, you are not running ladcca (session control)

> The process 13101 was give capabilities =
> cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice,cap_sys_resource+eip
> poll interrupted
> Mess: MidiThread set to SCHED_OTHER priority 60
> create Synth instance <organ-1> channels 1 1
> fluidsynti.cpp:58:virtual bool FLUIDSynth::init(): begin
> fluidsynti.cpp:80:virtual bool FLUIDSynth::init(): end
> The process 13101 was give capabilities =
> cap_ipc_lock,cap_sys_nice,cap_sys_resource+eip
> poll interrupted
> Mess: MidiThread set to SCHED_OTHER priority 60
> create Synth instance <fluidsynth-1> channels 2 2
> Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
> authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
> authentication failed
> fluidsynti.cpp:318:void FLUIDSynth::processSysex(const unsigned char*,
> int): sf stack size: 0

Try running it as a normal user (or as the same user you are logged in
graphically).

-- Fernando