[PlanetCCRMA] a bit of advice needed

Steve Harris S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 01:33:01 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 08:17:39 -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > 2 - Big screen, 15 inch or bigger
>
> 16.1", 1600x1200, beautiful (it was a big selling point when I got
> it)... I don't think newer Sony models are that good.

Yeah, screen res is a real problem in laptops - why do they insist on
using such low res screens? My boss just bought a sony that looks like
Fernandos and I think that has a 1600x1200 screen. Also they do a smaller
centrino machine that has a 14 or 15" screen at 1400x1050 or something
like that. It has about the same dotpitch as my dell, but is not so
enourmous. Looks ok too, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get
linux on it.

- Steve