[PlanetCCRMA] a bit of advice needed

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 17:17:02 2003

Hi all...

I'm going to be purchasing a new laptop (with funds gained by selling
my nifty mks-80 analog synth) for live performance.  Of course I'll be
using planet packages.  Could you all give me opinions about which
lappy works the best with linux for this purpose.  BTW, I'll most
likely be using the emi2|6 usb audio interface for audio.

What I'm looking for;

1 - Compatibility, everything should work
2 - Big screen, 15 inch or bigger
3 - Decent graphics (Ati vs. Nvidia vs. intel/sis?)
4 - Good design (I've been spoiled by owning mac laptops, all those
stupid "internet buttons" and flashing led lights look like pure crap
to me... I like a simple austere layout)

Judging from what I find on http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ seems like
just about anything will work, but I'm overwhelmed with options so any
feedback offered will be gratefully appreciated.

thanks,
-ry

=====
--r--