[PlanetCCRMA] a call goes out across the planet... Help me mount a cd!

Ryan G. ryanpg@yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 21:26:02 2003

Ok,

I'm ashamed to admit it.  I can't figure this one out.  Why, oh why,
did I lose the ability to mount a cdrom?

[root@ruined]# mount /dev/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
       ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

1 - it's a good cd (I tried others with the same results)
2 - fstab entry looks good; /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
3 - grub looks good; kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 ro root=LABEL=/
hdc=ide-scsi
4 - cdrecord sees the damn thing; 0,0,0 0) 'ASUS' 'CRW-5224A' '1.0'
Removable CD-ROM
5 - specifying file system type don't work... trying /dev/sdXX doesn't
work

But I CAN'T mount a cdrom!  This is a fresh RH9 install with the newest
planet kernels.  I remember this happened once before just after a
fresh install, I never figured out why but after a re-re-install things
were fine again.  There's no way I'm gonna resourt to that again!

Thanks in advance for the help all...

-ry

=====
--r--