[PlanetCCRMA] updated: new planetcore components (kernel/alsa)

Janina Sajka janina@rednote.net
Fri Sep 19 09:53:02 2003

Hi, Nando:

For the record, I have compiled successfully from the new kernel-source
package.

I do this because I need to add support for my spoken interface modules,
Speakup, which is a kernel module. This new CCRMA kernel marks the first
time I've successfully managed to get Speakup and your .config to work.

I do have to tweak one .rej for ~linux/drivers/char/Makefile.

And, I had some module issues. I had to remove all the qla scsi
references, i2c support, and the wvlan pcmcia drivers.

After that, everything compiled and installed without a hitch. So far it
seems everything is working.

Next, I have to get ALSA ...