[PlanetCCRMA] Yum

Wed Sep 17 09:42:01 2003

> Just FYI.
>
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/General/yum_HOWTO/yum_HOWTO/yum_HOWTO.html
>
> This is mostly for Fernando, I dont know how well apt is working out, but
> I've heard from people in a simiplar sitaution that Yum is much easier to
> administer, and you can run dual apt/yum archives during the changeover.
>
> It hadnles a lot more things automatically, and apatenyl its dependency
> handling is better.

Thanks for the pointer, it's already in my "informal list of things to
eventually do". Apparently it uses more of the internals of rpm to do
the dependency stuff, so it may be better in that respect.

The howto link is very nice, thanks. I was reluctant to have to learn
yet another trick... (you know the saying for old, ahem, people, right?
:-)

-- Fernando