[PlanetCCRMA] Re: new install, broken alsa depends..

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Sun Sep 14 12:20:02 2003

>In your /etc/apt/sources.list comment out (add a '#' at the beginning of
>the line) any lines that do not point to the planetccrma repository and
>do an "apt-get update". You seem to have your sources.list file pointing
>also to the freshrpms repository and the alsa packages in both
>repositories conflict.
>
>-- Fernando

this was a little stupid of me, as i added the ccrma apt/sources.list
to the original rather than replacing it, and then had done a
dist-upgrade.
anyway, since it was a new install, i just did it again and did it
right and now have the ccrma kernel/modules/apps. yay!

next step is making things work. not sure where to begin. i have
found a few things have problems: audacity seems to play a file once
then quit (but it does make sound!). ardour just crashes all open
apps when i try to start it.
Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495