[PlanetCCRMA] Odd error in pilot-xfer

Greg Lindahl lindahl@keyresearch.com
Tue Sep 2 01:24:01 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 11:58:01AM -0700, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Does this happen with the original redhat kernel?

Yes. Which is weird.

Another wrinkle: I see from surfing google that SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE
shows up a lot in strace when it shouldn't, so I think that strace is
being buggy (again, no surprise there) and the ioctls being done are
actually the ones to set the baud rate on the serial port.

> Maybe the pilot
> software is trying to make a "beep" or something like that and is
> pointing to the wrong device?

I grepped all over its source without seeing anything beep-related.

greg