[PlanetCCRMA] Help - cannot run applications!

Crispin cc26@ohm.york.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 06:54:01 2003

Hello

I've just (successfully, I think) installed the CCRMA kernel on redhat
9, and the ALSA sound drivers (although XMMS seems to be playing through
OSS still, I don't know what's going on there - it doesn't give me the
option of choosing ALSA.  Is this normal?)

The main issue though is that when I try to run the apps I want, i.e.
rosegarden4, they quit with an error complaining that my kernel is too
old and they cannot start "thread-level storage".  But I just installed
the CCRMA kernel...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

--