[PlanetCCRMA] Soundcard woes!

derek holzer derek@x-i.net
Wed Nov 26 07:25:02 2003

hi Rory,

shall I assume that you run PD under ALSA? Audio Player and Mamut
probably use OSS. a good test would be to run XMMS with OSS and then
with Alsa [xmms DOES have an ALSA plugin under CCRMA, right? I can't
remember!] and see which works. My guess is that OSS-emulation isn't
working right. Look on at the ALSA documentation for the rigth
modules.conf lines, perhaps.

maybe post your modules.conf here, for further examination?

finally, any reason why you chose RedHat 8? not that I can tell you
exactly what difference it makes, of course, just that it would make
more sense to run 9.

good luck,
D.