[PlanetCCRMA] basic rescue help

Tue Nov 25 13:35:02 2003

> I get a "bad superblock" error when trying to boot.
> I'm using knoppix to try and fix it but it does look like
> my linux partition is actually ok:
>
> root@ttyp0[Backup]# e2fsck -f /dev/hda4
> e2fsck 1.33 (21-Apr-2003)
> Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
> Pass 2: Checking directory structure
> Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
> Pass 4: Checking reference counts
> Pass 5: Checking group summary information
> /: 133644/1200576 files (0.8% non-contiguous), 1261759/2398410 blocks

You are right, that seems to be fine.

> (hda4 is the only linux partition the pather are linux swap, vfat, and
> ntfs)

What is the content of your /etc/fstab? There could be a mismatch there,
I guess. Does the system start to boot? At what point do you get the
error?

> The only thing I noticed was when listing the partition (fdisk -l)
> the linux one isn't bootable. Can that be the problem? if so how do I fix
> that?

I don't think that should make a difference. It can be changed by fdisk,
I can't remember now the command.

-- Fernando