[PlanetCCRMA] Self built RH9 install CD's

Tue Nov 25 13:04:01 2003

> Just wondering if someone can get some md5's of the RH9 CD's with the
> apt enbled on it.
>
> The instructions on the web page for enabling the CD's with apt contain
> 'odd' details, such as name RH9 CD RH8, and no disc number. I would be
> additionally appreciative if someone can tell me the volume names for
> these discs as I would suspect that's what's causing the md5 check
> against the pusblished CD's from CCRMA, but I cannot be sure.

Just ignore the md5 checksums, they are used to check if the download of
an image is correct. In your case (home brew cd) you can check the
integrity in two steps, first check the original redhat install cd's you
have with their checksum (the original from RedHat). So you know they
are fine.

For the second step you need the md5sums of the tarfiles with the apt
database (which I never thought on putting on the web)... here they are
for redhat 9:

69d520fe8689a1e432307bb7b70b77e0  shrike-i386-disc1-apt.tar.gz
70d8d98352ec40d736e737376ce74430  shrike-i386-disc2-apt.tar.gz
8595cef84f7112cfbda554b709c09169  shrike-i386-disc3-apt.tar.gz

It does not really matter what you put on the volume names as long as it
makes sense to you.

-- Fernando