[PlanetCCRMA] CCRMA--RH9--ALSA--Hammerfall HDSP9632

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Nov 24 07:57:00 2003

Hi,
   Just chiming in a bit:

1) I don't know much about the HDSP 9632 issues, other than it's Alsa 0.9.8
that's required to get it pretty much working.

2) There were some patches released by Thomas Charbonnel yesterday (Sunday,
11/23/03) and included by Takashi in Alsa CVS this morning which address
some HDSP 9632 problems as well as some auto sync problems that possibly
effect the HDSP 9652 also. I have not tested these, nor do I expect to very
soon being this is a holiday week and I'll be traveling.

   I think the original poster will want this new Alsa CVS, but owing to the
way the Redhat/Planet flow works with RPMs, I don't know how you go about
getting that all included. I have always just waited for Fernando to include
stuff like this in a beta flow, and the waits have generally been very
short.

   Unfortunately my ear crusher sync problems continue to plague my life. No
solution to those. (yet!)

- Mark