[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel barf during modprobe/alsaconf/SBLive

Peter Lawler planetccrma@six-by-nine.com.au
Mon Nov 17 15:50:02 2003

Thanks to those who have replied so far.

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
>>Alsaconf picks up the card ok, thn goes to configure it and the kernel
>>throws this error.

<snip>

> That is a "kernel panic", something really wrong happened during the
> module load and the kernel prints some debugging info and basically
> quits. The module cannot be removed without a reboot.
>
> A bit more information about the crash can be found (only usable for
> alsa gurus, I guess) if you pipe that information through the ksymoops
> program, the output should include some symbol information (ie: not just
> numbers).

Pipe the panic info from /var/log/messages? or run alsaconf some way so
as to produce a core dump?

I'm from a Solaris background, still trying to do the mindset shift thing.

<snip>

>>Any assistance *GREATLY* appreciated.
>

> What version of alsa and of the kernel?

It's a Rh9 install, Planet CCRMA installed on top. Kernel is
2.4.22.6-ll.rh90 from Stanford, alsa 0.9.6-2.cvs.rh90 also from Stanford.

> Did you try with the redhat capabilities enabled kernel as well?

? <goes back to reading docs)

Pete.