[PlanetCCRMA] problem with new redhat glibc

Adrian Likins alikins@redhat.com
Thu Nov 13 20:07:01 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 03:39:09PM -0800, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > > RedHat released new glibc packages for RedHat 9 (2.3.2-27.9.6), and
> > > the are incompatible with the 2.4.21-1.ll.acpi kernel from PlanetCCRMA
> > > -- Mozilla, rpm, and gnome broke.
> >
> > Another update came out today around noon: 2.3.2-27.9.7 which apparently
> > fixes the mess-up.
>
> Yes, that one should be it. I did not see it because I was looking for a
> new advisory, it's in the old one.
>
> > My system didn't had any issues with the previous 2.3.2-27.9.6, but then
> > again i'm not using the Planet kernel.
>
> It only pops up in non-nptl kernels. That's why RH QA did not catch it.
> -- Fernando

       yup.

        for what its worth, the original post in this thread is
what got RH QA to take a second look and for the second errata to
get underway. It would of been cooler to not have screwed it up,
but alas[1]

	great job with planet ccrma by the way, very handy...

[1] not to infer I have anything to do with glibc maintenance, people
far smarter than me take care of that ;->

Adrian