[PlanetCCRMA] Package request for SMP kernel sources, and a question about CMUCL worlds for CM/CLM/CMN

Thu Nov 13 10:33:01 2003

> I have taken your advice and rebuild cmucl-cm-clm-cmn from the SRPM.
> Everything went fine except for one thing:  I have midi-share installed,
> and the RPM build for cm died looking for
> /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare.lisp.  I noticed that these
> files were in src/midishare, and I stopped the build, copied
> src/midishare/*.lisp to src and then completed the build, which seemed
> to work.  Perhaps this is a package issue regarding the existence of
> midi-share or not?

Yes, I have not packaged yet cm to use midishare, in fact it is (in my
limited tests) not working yet. Apparently I'm the first to try to use
midishare+cm under linux.

> I installed MidiShare since it seemed to me that it
> was necessary in order to stream realtime sound out of CM.  Perhaps this
> isn't the case, in which case I will un-install it.

You'll have to wait a little bit till I can get back to this issue...

> btw, what a seriously cool set of packages!!!

Thanks.....

> Is this forum appropriate
> for questions about it, or is there some more specific users community?

Ask away. Very specific questions about software packages can be (should
be?) directed to the mailing lists of the specific packages, of course.
There are a couple of lists you may want to subscribe to, such as
linux-audio-users and linux-audio-dev.

-- Fernando