[PlanetCCRMA] Package request for SMP kernel sources, and a question about CMUCL worlds for CM/CLM/CMN

Jacob Sisk jjake@infoshock.org
Wed Nov 12 20:38:01 2003

--=-+Xyr0kAmF3naF2jTAs09

Hi Fernando,

I have taken your advice and rebuild cmucl-cm-clm-cmn from the SRPM.
Everything went fine except for one thing:  I have midi-share installed,
and the RPM build for cm died looking for
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/cm-2.4.0/src/midishare.lisp.  I noticed that these
files were in src/midishare, and I stopped the build, copied
src/midishare/*.lisp to src and then completed the build, which seemed
to work.  Perhaps this is a package issue regarding the existence of
midi-share or not?  I installed MidiShare since it seemed to me that it
was necessary in order to stream realtime sound out of CM.  Perhaps this
isn't the case, in which case I will un-install it.

btw, what a seriously cool set of packages!!!  Is this forum appropriate
for questions about it, or is there some more specific users community?=20

Thanks for all your help,
Jacob

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 12:36, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > Thanks again for your help.  I will make sure my packages are fresh thi=
> > evening.  Could the problem be that my box is an Athalon based machine?
>=20
> No, that should not be the problem.=20
>=20
> > I suspect that building from source is the right way to go.  I'll let
> > you know how it goes.
>=20
> For that you should download the source rpm for cm-clm-cmn, add the
> source rpm url for the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list (all in one
> line):
>=20
> rpm-src http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt redhat/all/en/i386
> planetccrma
>=20
> Do an "apt-get update" and "apt-get source cm-clm-cmn" to get the source
> rpm from the repository. You will also need the "cmucl-normal" package
> which has the initial lisp image that is used to build all the rest:
>   apt-get install cmucl-normal
>=20
> After that change to the SPECS directory:
>   cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> and rebuild the package:
>   rpmbuild -bb cm-clm-cmn-1.0-21.spec
>=20
> The install the resulting package, it should be in
> /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386...
>=20
> -- Fernando
>=20