[PlanetCCRMA] Video4Linux

Brad Kligerman bkliger@club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 10 12:57:02 2003

Fernando/
$ cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [I82801CAICH3   ]: ICH - Intel 82801CA-ICH3
                     Intel 82801CA-ICH3 at 0x1c00, irq 9
1 [Controller     ]: USB-Audio - UC-16 USB MIDI Controller
                     Evolution Electronics Ltd. UC-16 USB MIDI
Controller at usb-00:1d.1-2
2 [U0x46d0x8b0    ]: USB-Audio - USB Device 0x46d:0x8b0
                      at usb-00:1d.1-1

Here you can see 0/the sound card, 1/the midi controller and 2/the
webcam (Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000-2, Phillips compatible). But, when I
use xautv, for example, to see if the cam is working, it gives me the
message:
$ xawtv
This is xawtv-3.81, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.22-6.ll.rh90)
/dev/video0 [v4l]: no overlay support

When I try to use the cam, with either xawtv or more importantly in PD
(with the PDP libraries) the video window is green. This seem to me to
be the _No overlay support_.

/brad.