[PlanetCCRMA] xmms-jack

Taybin Rutkin Taybin Rutkin <taybin@earthlink.net>
Mon Nov 10 07:53:01 2003

Yes.  You should try using alsaplayer.  It works fine with jack.

Taybin

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com>
Sent: Nov 10, 2003 4:10 AM
To: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] xmms-jack

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:41:12 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 11:25:10 +1100, Adam King wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten the xmms-jack plugin to work? I've tried compiling it
> > from source and it locks up xmms whenever i try to play anything. Anyone
> > had better experiences with it?

I've not had any success with this either.  I wish it did; there have been
times where I wanted to go back to a demo recording of a piece to hear
a particular phrase while I'm in the middle of an Ardour session, and I
have to save everything, quit ardour, quit jack, fire up XMMS, listen to
the phrase, then restart jack, then restart ardour.  Not very efficient.