[PlanetCCRMA] Almost Perfect System

Brad Kligerman bkliger@club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 9 14:29:02 2003

Hi all/
I have 3 annoying problems that's preventing my working, no less
enjoyment, of an otherwise efficient installation of Planet. I'm not
sure if these things are related, and I've spent alot of time trying to
work them out for myself. Now I'll ask you for some help.

1> When booting with the Planet 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 kernel I cannot get my
cdrom to mount, whereby I have no such problem with the RH9 2.4.20-8
kernel, where cd's will automount.
The drive is recognized>
>>hdc: SONY CD-RW/DVD-ROM CRX810E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

Planet does this>
>>hdc: attached ide-scsi driver.
>>scsi1 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
>>  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX810E    Rev: 1.5a
>>  Type:   CD-ROM               ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Whereas RH9 does this>
>>SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
>>scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
>>  Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX810E    Rev: 1.5a
>>  Type:   CD-ROM         ANSI SCSI revision: 02

2> When booting with the Planet 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 kernel, 5 out of 10
times the boot freezes at>

>>Initializing firewire controller (ohci1394)

whereby with the RH9 2.4.20-8 kernel it does not freeze (but it does not
let me use a firewire hd either). I'd like to boot without it freezing
and worry about the firewire later.

3> When I do a shutdown from the Planet 2.4.22-6.ll.rh90 kernel, 100% of
the time, the computer freezes at>
>>Stopping pcmcia : unloading kernel Card Services
This is real annoying and I have no idea why this happens or what it
means.

I'd really like to work these things out if anyone can be of any
assistance.Thanks.

/brad.