[PlanetCCRMA] Problems with NForce2 Audio Card

sergi_sant@eresmas.com sergi_sant@eresmas.com
Sun Nov 9 08:21:01 2003

Hello,

I've installed Alsa 0.98 in my SHUTTLE SN41G2,  all worked ok it detects
my NForce2 as a  snd-intel8x0.
I only have plugged the SPDIF output , after some configurations it
sounds ok but I when I try to decrease the volume from any player or
from alsamixer, the sound "keeps in the volume" no doesn't decrease.
T'hat's very anoying.  The only solution I got is tho go back to nvidia
OSS drivers (nvaudio) and his limitations.

¿Does anybody have this problem? ¿How can I get my ALSA drivers and
mixer working ?

Thanks in advance, sorry for my poor english
Sergi