[PlanetCCRMA] Planet CCRMA menu

Fri Nov 7 12:38:01 2003

> I have a suggestion: a "custom" Planet CCRMA menu for KDE/Gnome. Most of
> "GUI" Planet programs have menu links but they are messy located into
> several groups (Sound & Video, Other, Graphics, More Apps...). The idea
> is to create a Planet CCRMA menu and submenus accordingly the
> applications characteristics (something like "roadmap" groups:
> Multitrack Recorders, Patch Bays, Sound Editors, Video Players,...) for
> easier access.

It is good idea I've also been thinking about. We should do that but
there are some practical problems with the current state of the autido
applications. For example some of them depend on different command line
options for different audio drivers (ie: OSS/ALSA/JACK). Not all of them
autodetect correctly. That does not mean it is impossible to do, just
difficult...

-- Fernando