[PlanetCCRMA] Getting 'Line-In' signal, but can not record with any application

paul pkube@umich.edu
Thu Nov 6 15:31:01 2003

Hello,

I've got a *fresh* PlanetCCRMA install with updates (I burned all six
CDR's). I'm trying to bring some old material (tapes, etc) through the
line-in jack on my CS46xx (TB Santa Cruz). A simple 2-channel,
line-level recording job.

I've used alsamixer to unmute line-in, can hear the signal through my
main speakers, but none of the programs that have the ability to capture
are doing it. E.g. snd's VU meters don't move, and audacity gives me a
flatline...

(Thinking out loud: Is it possible that the line-in signal is being
piped directly to line-out w/out hitting the ADC/DAC's, or are all the
DACs connected directly to the dsp system?)

Any suggestions, including which config settings to post, are appreciated!