[PlanetCCRMA] package requests: jamin, alsa + jack plugins for xmms

Tue Nov 4 10:39:03 2003

> is it cool to float some package requests around here?

Yes, sure...

> i was just
> playing with Jamin on a DeMuDi live CD, and thought it was pretty nice.
> [for those who don't know it:Jamin is a mastering tool for Jack.] also,
> an ALSA and a Jack plugin for XMMS might be all right. of course, i can
> build them from source [and probably will this week, in the case of
> Jamin!], but i think they might appeal to more folks here than just me.

It is in my radar, in fact I was trying to get it from cvs and package
it before my trip to Paris but the sourceforge cvs server was impossible
(at the time I was also trying to JackEQ with the same result but then
the first tarball was released - hint to Jamin developers... :-). Maybe
sf cvs is running more smoothly now and I can try it out.

-- Fernando