[PlanetCCRMA] RH 9.0 libtcl.so.0 and libtk.so.0 Dependencies

Mon Nov 3 10:24:00 2003

> I'm trying to install Planet CCRMA on a Red Hat 9 system (freshly downloaded
> from RH and then installed ) and everything through to installing the
> realtime kernel went fine.
>
> Now when I try to install applications I keep getting unresolved
> dependencies for libtcl.so.0 and libtk.so.0.  I know these are already
> installed with RH 9.0 but the package manager does know know it.

It would seem that you don't have the proper /etc/apt/sources.list
installed. "libtcl.so.0*" would be required by a RedHat 8.0 install, not
a RedHat 9 install. Double check that you have the proper sources.list
installed (there are links in the "Configuring apt" section).

For example in a RedHat 8.0 system I get this:
# rpm -q --whatrequires libtcl.so.0
tcl-8.3.3-74
tuxracer-0.61-16
tk-8.3.3-74
compat-db-3.3.11-2
expect-5.38.0-74
isdn4k-utils-vboxgetty-3.1-58
itcl-3.2-74
pvm-gui-3.4.4-6
ruby-tcltk-1.6.7-10
tclx-8.3-74
tix-8.2.0b1-74
tkinter-2.2.1-17
ayam-1.5-1.rh80
csound-4.24-1
pd-0.36.0-3.cvs
vkeybd-0.1.13a-1
postgresql-tcl-7.2.3-5.80

But libctl.so.0 does not exist in a RedHat 9 system at all:

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       559456 Feb  6  2003
/usr/lib/libtcl8.3.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 Jun 12 12:31
/usr/lib/libtcl.so -> libtcl8.3.so