[PlanetCCRMA] Can't compile video drivers against new kernel under RH 9

Thu May 29 18:32:01 2003

> By the way, I find with the new kernel, when using video software such
> as xawtv, I get error messages referring to ioctl when the application
> launches.

That means that xawtv is trying to use ioctl's that are not implemented
in the kernel driver that is part of the Planet CCRMA kernel (plain
Linus...)

> MPlayer also says "Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set
> 1024): Permission denied", which might or might not be related.

That's mplayer trying to program the RTC (the real time timer) to a
frequency of 1024, normally only root can program it to frequencies
greater than 64Hz. I think there is a /proc control file that can be
used to override this...

-- Fernando