[PlanetCCRMA] Problem with sound and USB midi

Sun May 25 11:36:01 2003

> When I start my computer without my UM-1 connected sometime I get sound
> sometime I dont until I rin alsaconf, after that I get sound.
>
> When I plug in my UM-1 midi is working but sound doesn't work.
>
> Here's my modules.conf:

Modify your modules.conf as below:

> alias eth0 3c59x
> alias usb-controller usb-ohci
> alias usb-controller1 ehci-hcd
> alias usb-controller2 usb-uhci
>
> # -- Keep modules from being autocleaned
> add options -k snd-card-0
> # --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
> # --- ALSACONF verion 0.9.0 ---
> alias char-major-116 snd
> alias snd-card-0 snd-via82xx
Add the following line:
  alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
> alias char-major-14 soundcore
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
> alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
> alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
> alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
> options snd major=116 cards_limit=1 device_mode=0666
Modify the options snd line (allows up to two alsa cards):
  options snd major=116 cards_limit=2 device_mode=0666
> options snd-via82xx index=0
Add the following line (assigns the usb card to device 1):
  options snd-usb-audio index=1
> # --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Do not run alsaconf after you have changed modules.conf (it will
overwrite your changes).

Do a "/sbin/depmod -a" and restart alsa with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound
restart". Hopefully this will fix things.

-- Fernando