[PlanetCCRMA] ecasound and .aiff

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen@wakkanet.fi
Wed May 21 14:14:01 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Lars Henrik Mai wrote:

> i am having trouble converting soundfiles to .aiff format using ecasound.
> i have tried "ecasound -i:lament1.wav -o:lament1.aif" but ecasound kind of
> freezes here:

Ugh, that's bug. In the current sources there's:

#ifdef ECA_COMPILE_AUDIOFILLE
/* register libaudiofile... */

... do'h! That of course should be AUDIOFILE. :)

Thanks for reporting this, I'll add your name to the 2.2.4/2.3.0
contributors list!

PS Fix is already in the CVS and will be in the next release. For
   the impatient, replace AUDIOFILLE with AUDIOFILE in
   ecasound-x.y.z/libecasound/eca-static-object-maps.cpp and
   recompile.
PPS The freeze happens because ecasound falls back to the
    default output (usually the soundcard) if the chainsetup
    contains no valid output objects.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!