[PlanetCCRMA] MIDI + guitar picker = confused

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Wed May 14 21:00:03 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 20:15, Doug James wrote:
> The more I read, the more confused I get...

I can dig it...

> Questions:
> 1) Can I set things up so that I can use both sound cards at the same
> time? (I'll need the midi port on the via 8233)

I _think_ so, although you will not be able to do audio on both cards
without clicks and pops. (for now...) MIDI On the 8233 and audio on the
other _should_ work...

> 2) How do I set rosegarden ( or any software) up to use the keyboard via
> the midi port?

In RG, check out the general configuration page for which of your sound
cards RG looks for MIDI on. I think this was on a secondary tab. If I
remember correctly RG can record MIDI only from a single card, but can
play back MIDI to multiple cards. IT's probably defaulting to the other

I haven't run RG in a few months now and no longer have it installed
anywhere, so I cannot give you exact info on where the configuration
stuff was, but I'm sure you'll find it.

Good luck!