[PlanetCCRMA] guaranteed deadlock w/ 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Thu May 15 09:53:00 2003

Hi Marc,

Sorry being late to reply,

> is your machine UP or SMP? just to add another datapoint, my system is
> UP and the soundcard is a SBLive! (emu10k1).

My machine is SMP, dual PII@1Ghz, and the sound card is an Audigy, which
happens to use the same alsa driver as yours (snd-emu10k1).

> Also, the alsa version in the latest CCRMA is 0.9.2+CVS maybe the bug
> lurks in the +CVS part.

Maybe. As I've implied, I'm not running the planetccrma-core kernel and
alsa drivers, even on production (same machine), I do run a custom
2.4.21-rc1 kernel, and stock 0.9.2 alsa-drivers now. On my RH8 machine
(studio production) I've already built to 0.9.2 too, since my last note.

For you to try yourself if it's an alsa-driver issue, do try to build the
alsa-driver-0.9.2 from source tarball. Remember to uninstall the current
drivers (rpm -e alsa-kernel???). You can always re-install it via apt-get
later.

Regards.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela