[PlanetCCRMA] planet ccrma for RedHat 9

Josh Steiner josh@vitriolix.com
Wed May 14 23:19:01 2003

my march towards utter linux audio/video contentment continues ... where
i left off the nvidia xfree86 driver was barfing when trying to build a
module for this kernel, looks like it is just complaining about
different GCC versions being used to build the ccrma kernel and the gcc
on my system being used to build the module.  i'm using gcc-3.2.2-5,
what is ccrma being built with?  ive gone ahead and had it ignore the
mismatch and so far seems are running dandy, but if anyone has any
knowledge i dont that leads them to think that i might be screwing
myself with weird random crashes, id appriciate a heads up :)

-josh

---

-> Building kernel module:
   executing: 'cd ./usr/src/nv; make nvidia.o
SYSINCLUDE=/lib/modules/2.4.20-4.
   ll.acpi/build/include'...

   You appear to be compiling the NVIDIA kernel module with
   a compiler different from the one that was used to compile
   the running kernel. This may be perfectly fine, but there
   are cases where this can lead to unexpected behaviour and
   system crashes.

   If you know what you are doing and want to override this
   check, you can do so by setting IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH.

   In any other case, set the CC environment variable to the
   name of the compiler that was used to compile the kernel.

   *** Failed cc sanity check. Bailing out! ***