[PlanetCCRMA] hda: Scheduling in Interrupt

Thu May 8 18:20:03 2003

> yes, i have the kernel panic when i try to start redhat 8 with
> planetccrma-core or planetccrma-core-smp. the error :
>
> hda: Scheduling in Interrupt
> Kernel Bug at sched.c 577!
> invalid operand: 0000
> <0> Kernel panic: Aieee, killing interrupt handler in Interrupt
> Handler - not syncing
>
> is this due to my brand new motherboard (it's the only thing i changed):

Meaning the same install was working before with another motherboard?

> gigabyte GA-8INXP (Intel E7205 Chipset)
> i noticed also that my hard disk is really slow.

Yes, most probably the kernel does not know how to handle ide dma on
that chipset (just a guess, of course, it depends on how new is the
mobo). You can check how the parameters for the disk are configured by
saying:

  /sbin/hdparm /dev/hda

Is it working correctly with the RedHat kernel?
-- Fernando