[PlanetCCRMA] planet ccrma for RedHat 9

Patricio de la Cuadra pdelac@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 8 12:48:00 2003

Hi Nando,
I had a similar experience when installing the ccrma kernel in RH9 (actually
my own version compiled without the preemptible feature). I managed to install
it with -ivh (...and maybe --oldpackage) and it works almost perfect, except
that now I cannot erase the original kernel (2.4.20-8) because XFree86 depends
on it:

rpm -e kernel-2.4.20-8
error: Failed dependencies:
        kernel-drm = 4.3.0 is needed by (installed) XFree86-4.3.0-2

That shouldn't be a problem but Xfree doesn't seem to be working properly, and
I believe that its because of that. I tried reinstalling XFree86 but didn't
work, maybe I should recompile XFree from the src.rpm? any ideas?
Pato.