[PlanetCCRMA] cold plugging not working with midisport 2x2

Thu Jun 5 21:36:02 2003

> ***However, cold plugging fails to start up this device upon bootup.  It
> did work with my old RedHat 7.3 configuration, so I have set up and seen
> work the process before.  Nothing I have tried now produces any response
> whatever.  The process just doesn't happen, fxload, the usb device whatever.

Strange, I don't have the 2x2 handy now (at home) so I'll try this
tomorrow to see what happens. It looks like for some reason hotplug is
not seeing the device, then the firmware is not downloaded and alsa does
not see it (because it needs the id's that the firmware provides). I
have no idea why... more tomorrow...

-- Fernando