[PlanetCCRMA] Continuing technical difficulties

BartonBosch@aol.com BartonBosch@aol.com
Thu Jul 3 12:56:01 2003

--part1_19b.177fb090.2c35e425_boundary

After having downloaded about a half dozen files from the planet three or
four days ago, IE is suddenly trying to run files requested for download through
Real Player.  Everytime I click on a download link on the Planet site, instead
of the download dialog box popping up (as it does on other sites), Real
Player pops up.  It had been popping up behind my browser window, so that it looked
like nothing at all was popping up when I clicked on a link.  Now it is
popping up on top of the browser window.  If this is some kind of advertising ploy,
it is not an intelligent one.

Have there been changes made to the CCRMA site?

About three days ago, I was able to download files without a problem other
than the broken libsndfile link.  Should I assume that this is the result of
either: 1) poorly written software suddenly malfunctioning in a new way;  or, 2)
malicious interference on the part of someone who should know better?

I have reinstalled my all of my browser software from disk, removed many megs
of security update downloads, etc.  And none of this solves the problem.  It
also makes it highly improbable that the problem is at my end.  Anyone have
any helpful suggestions?

Thanks,

Barton

--part1_19b.177fb090.2c35e425_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">After having downloaded about a half dozen files from=20=
the planet three or four days ago, IE is suddenly trying to run files reques=
ted for download through Real Player.&nbsp; Everytime I click on a download=20=
link on the Planet site, instead of the download dialog box popping up (as i=
t does on other sites), Real Player pops up.&nbsp; It had been popping up be=
hind my browser window, so that it looked like nothing at all was popping up=
 when I clicked on a link.&nbsp; Now it is popping up on top of the browser=20=
window.&nbsp; If this is some kind of advertising ploy, it is not an intelli=
gent one.<BR>
<BR>
Have there been changes made to the CCRMA site?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
About three days ago, I was able to download files without a problem other t=
han the broken libsndfile link.&nbsp; Should I assume that this is the resul=
t of either: 1) poorly written software suddenly malfunctioning in a new way=
;&nbsp; or, 2) malicious interference on the part of someone who should know=
 better?&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I have reinstalled my all of my browser software from disk, removed many meg=
s of security update downloads, etc.&nbsp; And none of this solves the probl=
em.&nbsp; It also makes it highly improbable that the problem is at my end.&=
nbsp; Anyone have any helpful suggestions? <BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Barton</FONT></HTML>

--part1_19b.177fb090.2c35e425_boundary--