[PlanetCCRMA] libsigc++ broken?

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Jan 26 14:07:01 2003

Fernando,
   I've been trying to build Nick's new version of amSynth today. Nick
has been very helpful as I've been working through issues. It finally
looks like we're down to a problem in one or both of the libsigc++
libraries.

   Looking in /usr/include/sigc++ at a file called object.h, I find the
following:

#ifndef SIGCXX_OBJECT_H
#define SIGCXX_OBJECT_H
#include <sigc++config.h>
#include <sigc++/scope.h>

It appears to me that the 3rd line is broken. I think that it should not
be sigc++config.h, but rather sigc++/config.h.

This happens in a number of files in this directory.

I'm not at all sure whether this is something that was just shipped
wrong, or whether there is any chance it can be corrected in your RPM
build process.

I don't know who else to report this to. If it's not appropriate to
report it to you then help me find out where to go.

In the meantime, I'm going to edit these files by hand and see if I get
an farther.

Thanks,
Mark