[PlanetCCRMA] Installing wireless card

Joseph Zitt jzitt@metatronpress.com
Sun Jan 12 09:23:01 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 04:57:37 -0800 (PST)
Juan Reyes <juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU> wrote:

> I think there was a posting on the planetCCRMA list last Thursday or
> Friday with instructions on building the kernel. But anyhow the main
> problem you have is getting hard-drive space a new kernel might be at
> least 30 more megs if I am not mistaken. Make sure your new partition
> is automatically mounted on /etc/fstab with the right permissions.

Looking at the docs more carefully, I see that, if I'm lucky, I may not
have to rebuild the whole kernel, but just to have the source tree
unpacked to build the modules. Which leads to a simpler question: how
can I get the kernel source RPM to unpack into a different place on
another partition (which is, indeed, mounted appropriately via
/etc/fstab). I suspect there's a way to do it in the mad nest of rpm
options, but it's eluding me.