[PlanetCCRMA] A daily snapshot list of current packages

Wed Feb 26 17:39:00 2003

> Would it be possible to have a daily list of all the current packages,
> as simple in principle as #ls *.rpm > current_packages.`date +%Y%m%d`,
> that we could wget so that we could script apt upgrades to include packages
> not already installed?

I put a preliminary list online, surf to:
  http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/apt/packages/
There are two lists for each distro version, one with the "core" audio
packages and another with both audio and video packages. These lists
include all audio libraries with their developer packages, but does not
include auxiliary libraries or other support packages. Those will be
pulled as needed by apt-get (but apt-get will not normally pull the
-devel packages of extra libraries which might be needed to rebuild
packages).

I'll update the lists when I update the repository.
Enjoy!
-- Fernando