[PlanetCCRMA] stream

Tue Feb 25 16:02:01 2003

> Hey Nando,
>   On my Quattro I'm getting sound on 2 channels, but seemingly not 4.  snd
> record still only gives me options for 2 channels and my /proc/asound/card0
> gives:
>
> id  midi0  pcm0c  pcm0p  pcm1c  pcm1p  stream0  stream1
>
> What are the 'streams?'

No idea :-)

> I looked at them and it seems that they list 4 in's and
> out's at 44.1k and only 2 at 96k, which is the way it's supposed to be.
> Notice that I only have two capture and two pcm playback above.

I see you have the asoundrc file that is included in the examples in the
alsa project web site (in the sound card matrix). Did you put that in
your ~/.asoundrc file?

To get four channels going you have to use the devices for four channels
as listed in in the file. For example:
  aplay --device quattro whatever...
would use the "quattro" device (instead of "default" which would
normally point to "hw:0"). With one of the devices (can't remember
which) I was able to start jack in four channel playback mode (this was
a while ago).

-- Fernando