[PlanetCCRMA] no alsasound script loaded on driver install

brook davis dodecaphonic@hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 07:30:02 2003

>did you try 'updatedb'
>then 'locate alsasound'

i got it....i had attained the source for the driver, and unpacked
everything lastnight, i was going to do a fresh install, but having seen
your note, i did "updatedb" and then "locate alsasound" and found it in the
source tree for the driver.  copying it over seems to have worked.  thanks
alot!!!  this still doesn't explain why it was not installed in the
firstplace, but, i guess the solution is to grab the source and copy it
out...it does make me wonder about the stability of the rest of the install,
however....we shall see.

on a side note, i see that in my modules.conf file there are several drivers
ending with "oss" suffix, all of them beginning with "snd" prefix.  am i
right in that these are simply for compatibility for oss apps with the alsa
driver, and that all alsa drivers begin with the 'snd' prefix??

cheers.
~brook.